The backgammon board consists of 24 triangles divided into four groups of six triangles each: two of the groups form the home board and outer board of one player, and the other 2 make the home board and the outer board of the second player. Each player’s home and outer board adjacent each other and divided by a divider known as the bar. Each player has 15 checkers of his own color.
Backgammon Board PointsThe triangles on the backgammon board are called points. The points are numbered for each one of the players starting in the player’s home board. The outermost point is the 24 point, which is also the opponent’s 1 point.
Setting up the Backgammon BoardThe arrangement of the checkers on the backgammon board is done prior each backgammon game. The checkers are placed on each player’s 24, 13, 8 and 6 points in the following order: two on each player’s 24 point, five on each player’s 13 point, three on each player’s 8 point and five on each player’s 6 point.
Backgammon Board Facts
- Backgammon board average size is about 21 inches (53 cm) high and 27.5 wide (70 cm).
- Today, the backgammon board is arranged so the players will be facing each other, but in the past, backgammon boards were designed to fit players who sit next to each other; instead of the bar, a thin line divided between each player’s home and outer board.
- The largest backgammon board was painted on 100,000 square feet on the incoming flight path at Gatwick Airport in London.
- The oldest backgammon board was discovered in 2007 at the archeological site of the 6,000 years old Shahr-e Sokhteh (“Burnt City”) in Southeast Iran. The board was found along with a set of 60 game pieces.
- The most expensive backgammon board was designed by the artist Bernard Maquin for the Charles Hollander collection and it is made of 61,082 diamonds and 6.77 kg of yellow gold.
Klicken Sie auf
Mehr Backgammon Artikel:
- Backgammon um Geld
- Wie Backgammon gespielt wird
- Backgammon Opening Rolls
- Sharpen Your Skill with 40 Backgammon Tips
- Fertigkeit im Backgammon
- Recommended Backgammon Books
- Jacoby Rule
- Doubling Cube
- Backgammon Tips
- How to Play Backgammon
- Empfohlene Backgammon Moves
- Backgammon … Glück oder Wahrscheinlichkeit!
- Backgammon Häufige Fehler
- Backgammon-Spiel – die Grundlagen
- Wie Backgammon gespielt wird?
- The Initial Backgammon Moves
- Play65™ Online Backgammon